When you use our services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
Effective March 1, 2020
INFORMATION WE COLLECTS
We want you to understand the types of information we collect as you use our services.
We collect information to provide better services to all our users — from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which labor market information you’ll find most useful, the people who matter most to you online, or which lifeware videos you might like. The information lifology collects, and how that information is used, depends on how you use our services and how you manage your privacy controls.
When you’re not signed in to a lifology Account, we store the information we collect with unique identifiers tied to the device you’re using. This helps us do things like maintain your language preferences while using the platform.
When you’re signed in, we also collect information that we store with your lifology Account, which we treat as personal information.
Things you create or provide to us
When you create a Lifology Account, you provide us with personal information for App functionality and Account management. Lifology may collect the following information (“Personal Information”) and you hereby explicitly consent to the following:
- Account Opening Information and Account Information: Self-declared User’s details like Parent’s name, Child’s Name, Parent’s Email ID, Parent’s Contact Number, Child’s Gender, Child’s School Name, Child’s Grade, Child’s Stream.
- User’s Image: We require access to your mobile device camera to take a photo or photos in your device, for uploading your profile photo. Profile Photo would be only used to display it in the Dashboard & Profile screen.
We also collect the content you create, upload, or receive from others when using our services. This includes things like assessment responses, reports based on various assessments you take, photos you save, rating you give after coaching session and other information you save in the platform.
Information we collect as you use our services
We collect information about the apps, browsers, and devices you use to access lifology services, which helps us provide features like automatic product updates. We automatically collect certain information such as when you visit, how much time you spend on the platform, videos you watch, articles you read, purchase activity and use or navigate the sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our sites and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
We use the Firebase service from Google LLC. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) in order to derive application behavioral analytics. We use that information to see how users interact with our website and app.
Firebase is part of the Google Cloud Platform and offers numerous services for developers. A list can be found here: https://firebase.google.com/terms/. Some Firebase services process personal data. In most cases, the personal data is limited to so-called “instance IDs”, which are provided with a time stamp. These “Instance IDs” assigned by Firebase are unique and thus allow the linking of different events or processes. This data does not represent personally identifiable information for us, nor do we make any efforts to personalize it subsequently. We process these aggregated data to analyze and optimize usage behavior, for example by evaluating crash reports.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”) require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this section, “parents”) about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 (“children”). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s personal information.
A school may sign up a child for online websites subject to COPPA and then under the provisions of COPPA, the school transfers such consent to Lifology through agreements with schools. This section seeks to provide the relevant notifications under COPPA, including:
- The types of information we may collect from children.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Our practices for disclosing that information.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents’ consent when we collect personal information from children, including how a parent may revoke consent.
- All operators that collect or maintain information from children through this website and other marketing programmes.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM CHILDREN
Children can access many parts of the Service and its content and use many of its features without providing us with personal information. However, some content and features are available only to registered users or require us to collect certain information, including personal information, from them. In addition, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users (including children) when they visit or use the Service.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
WHY WE COLLECTS DATA
We use the information we collect from all our services for the following purposes:
- To provide better services – We use your information to deliver our services, like we use unique identifiers stored in cookies on your device to help us authenticate you as the person who should have access to your lifology Account.
- To maintain and improve our services – We use your information to ensure our services are working as intended, example, we continuously monitor our systems to look for problems. And if we find something wrong with a specific feature, reviewing activity information collected before the problem started allows us to fix things more quickly.
- To develop new services – We use the information we collect in existing services to help us develop new ones.
- To provide personalized services, including articles and videos – We use the information we collect to customize our services for you, including providing recommendations and personalized contents.
- Measure performance – We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how our services are used. We analyze the data for better user experience and service optimization.
- To communicate with you – We use information we collect, like your email address, to interact with you directly. We may send you a notification if we detect suspicious activity, like an attempt to sign in to your lifology Account from an unusual location. Or we may let you know about the purchase you did, upcoming events and appointments or new features added to our services. Also if you contact us, we’ll keep a record of your request in order to help solve any issues you might be facing.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications – We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- To request Feedback – We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites and coaching you take.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU
We collect information from you when you submit it to us, for example, when you request product, services, or information from us, register for an account, register to participate in an event on our social media or website, participate in public forums on the website, or respond to our customer surveys.
We may also:
- Obtain information about you from our resellers or other third-party partners, for example, if you purchase access to the Lifology through one of these partners;
- Acquire information from public sources or from third-party sources, such as our advertising and market research partners, including to update or enhance the other information collected about you. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it; and
- Automatically acquire information when you reply to or interact with an email/link we send, such as to track your engagement with our messages or when your replies to our messages contain additional email addresses.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use the information collected to:
- Process your purchase and requests and respond to your questions and concerns; for example, if you inquire about our services or submit an application to Lifology, we may use your data to respond to and process these requests;
- Provide you with products and services, and personalize your experience; for example, we may use information on your prior activities or job function to tailor the features and content on the Lifology services or platform, or we may use technical data to remember your preferences;
- Communicate with you about your account or payments, and provide you with product-related communications, such as information about new features and policy updates;
- Operate, maintain, analyze, develop, update and improve our platform, Lifology.com, and other products and services we offer. For example, we may administer and track users’ activities on our platform and Lifology to determine how to improve our content and features, or we may analyze trends and gather demographic information about our user base to better tailor our marketing efforts;
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies, including our Acceptable Use Policy, or applicable laws (such as fraud detection and prevention) or that may threaten the security, integrity or availability of our or another party’s products, systems and services;
- Send you news, updates, promotions, product information, event announcements, and other marketing communications.
- Provide you with and target advertising based on your activity and interests, both on our own platform and applications and on third-party sites and applications;
- Act pursuant to your consent for a specific purpose not listed in this policy. For example, with your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name on our platform. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us as explained below; and
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
When we shares your information
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside lifology except in the following cases:
- With your consent – We’ll share your personal information including assessment reports and any data we derived from it, outside to lifology when we have your consent. We’ll ask for your explicit consent to share any sensitive personal information.
- With domain administrators – If you’re registered under a school or school group, your domain administrator, who manage your school or school account will have access to view your assessment report. They can have the permissions to
- View your assessment report
- View statistics regarding to your lifology account interactions.
- Change your lifology account password
- Suspend or terminate your account access
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit your information or your privacy settings
- For legal reasons – We will share personal information outside of lifology if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- We share information about the number and type of requests we receive from governments in our Transparency Report.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of lifology, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners — like publishers, advertisers, developers, or rights holders.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We built with strong security features that continuously protect your information. The insights we gain from maintaining our services help us detect and automatically block security threats from ever reaching you. And if we do detect something risky that we think you should know about, we’ll notify you and help guide you through steps to stay better protected.
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold, including:
- We use encryption to keep your data private while in transit
- We offer a range of security features, like Safe Browsing and Security Checkup to help you protect your account.
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors, and partners who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY
We maintain servers around the world and your information may be processed on servers located inside of the country where you live. Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy. We also comply with certain legal frameworks relating to the transfer of data, such as the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks.
In particular, LIFOLOGY complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States and has certified its compliance with it. As such, LIFOLOGY is committed to subjecting all personal information received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
LIFOLOGY is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. With respect to personal information received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, LIFOLOGY is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. FTC.
DATA SECURITY AND INTEGRITY
Lifology is concerned about the security of your data. We have implemented technical and organizational security measures that are designed to help protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time-to-time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technologies and methods.
Please be aware, though, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot ensure, and do not warrant or guarantee, that the information you transmit to Lifology will remain secure, nor do we guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, destroyed or used in an unauthorized manner.
If we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice on the site or Lifology if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive a notice of a security breach in writing. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us as indicated in the ‘Contact Us’ section.
THIRD PARTY SITES, SERVICES AND APPLICATIONS
- Partner Pages: Some of our partner pages may have the look and feel of being on lifology.com; however some information collected on those pages may be collected by, or sent to, our partners. Information collected by, or sent to, our partners is subject to their respective privacy policies.
- Notice to students who registered through schools/School groups to Lifology.com: The Lifology.com are primarily intended for use by Schools/ School groups. Where the Lifology are made available to you through school/school group, that organization is responsible for administering the accounts over which it has control. If this is the case, please direct your data privacy questions and requests to your administrator. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of your administrator’s organization, which may be different than this policy.
WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS
Our Sites offer you the ability to register and login using your third party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public.
YOUR CHOICES AND DATA CONTROL
You can limit the information you provide to lifology. You can also limit the communications that lifology sends to you. To opt-out of marketing emails, you can visit our website and communicate your choice to the relevant privacy contact. Alternatively, you may opt-out of receiving future marketing emails by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of marketing emails we send you.
Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing material, we may still need to contact you with important Transactional Information about your account or your products. For example, even if you opt-out of marketing emails, we will still send you a confirmation when you purchase something from us as well as to provide communications related to our products.
You can manage cookie preferences and opt-out of having cookies and other similar collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your browser or interface, commonly known as “Do Not Track” settings. All browsers and interfaces are different, so visit the “help” section of your browser or interface to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available. You can manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with lifology, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings. In general, Lifology complies and requests that all of its service providers comply with your “Do Not Track” settings you select using your internet browser(s).
Lifology complies with applicable law regarding your ability to access, correct, and delete your personal information. If you have an online account, you may be able to log into your account to access and update certain information you provided to us. For personal information that is not linked to an online account, for assisting in opting-out of communications, or if you need assistance updating or deleting your personal information, please contact us via email at [email protected]. You can also write to us at the address in the Contact Us section. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and detailed information about the change you would like to make.
FOR EU RESIDENTS:
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), particularly Articles 15 to 21, affords an EU resident, a number of rights as a data subject. If you are an EU resident, lifology encourages you to read and learn about those rights on your own. However, the following will help you to begin to understand those rights afforded to EU residents.
The Right to Access: This allows you to request from lifology information about your personal information, including what data lifology has and how and why it is being processed.
The Right to Rectification: In the event that some or all of the personal information that Lifology has concerning you is inaccurate, this gives you the right to have those inaccuracies rectified.
The Right to Erasure: In some cases, you may have the right to request that Lifology erase your personal information that it has in its possession.
The Right to Restriction of Processing: This gives you the right, in some circumstances, to have Lifology process your personal information only with your consent.
The Right to Object to Processing: Where Lifology is processing your personal information on the ground of its legitimate interests, or to carry out tasks in the public interest or to exercise official authority, you have a right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. In cases where you object to Lifology’s processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, the processing will cease.
The Right to Data Portability: This allows you to request from Lifology a copy of your personal information that it has on file and to transfer that information to someone else without any interference from Lifology. In some cases, you may be able to request that Lifology transfer your Personal Information directly to a third party on your behalf.
In addition, to the extent that Lifology processes any of your personal information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing that was based on your consent before its withdrawal.
If you are a natural person residing in the EU and at any time you believe Lifology has violated one of your rights listed above, or if you believe Lifology is in violation of one or more of the provisions of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Authority.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR CHILD’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
At any time, you may review your child’s personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete your child’s personal information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using your child’s information.
You can review, change, or delete your child’s personal information by:
- Logging into your child’s account and visiting his or her account profile page.
- Sending us an email at [email protected]. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
- Contacting your child’s school.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Notices may be by email to the last email address you provided us, by posting notice of such change on our site or the lifology.com, or by other communication channels. We always indicate the date the last changes were published and we offer access to archived versions for your review. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you, consistent with applicable law.